YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK THIS
I TOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE CUTE AND CHEEKY BUT GUESS WHAT
AND NOW I’M SAD
6 months in jail for being a responsible father.
This is government!!
Chimamamda Ngozi Adiche, We Should All Be Feminists
The most powerful thing anyone has ever said to me: “You deserve to take up space.”
Feminism is so important!
Sometimes you just have to work on one at a time, and build your way up to a steady balance. Be strong!
8 BEST TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS BEGINNERS:
- Don’t change all at once. If you go from eating crap and sitting all day to trying to instantly start running 10 miles a day and eating nothing but salad and bananas, you are going to get tired of it and probably fall back into old habits. Change a few things at a time (like cut out all soda and fast food and then ease into more intense workouts).
- Understand it is 90% mental. As a runner, I know that I can run a full marathon, but convincing my mind that I am going to run nonstop for the next 4 hours is surprisingly difficult. Same goes for convincing your mind that you, in fact, don’t need to eat that extra cookie to feel full.
- Make goals, but not time limits. Time goals are hard because weight loss is often so scattered and you will probably end up being extremely stressed the closer and closer a deadline gets. Goal weights/goal measurements are positive motivators but time tends to be more of a stress. Everybody loses weight differently!
- Understand that your boobs will more than likely change sizes. A lot. I personally went from a 36C to 36B to 34B to 34C to 32D and then down to a 32C where I have stayed. When your weight is fluctuating, so do da gurls. Get remeasured every 5-10 pounds and buy new bras accordingly. It completely changes the way your clothes fit (I worked at Victoria’s Secret for 3 years and I can’t stress this enough).
- Find what motivates you and hold onto it for dear life. Losing motivation is the biggest factor for people not losing weight. I don’t care if you find motivation in weighing yourself twice a day, trying to fit into a prom dress, or simply trying to be healthier. You do you girl, but remind yourself daily what you are doing you for.
- Know that it will become a habit! This is seriously the biggest thing. Once you can stick to a clean eating plan and a workout schedule for about a month, it becomes second nature. I don’t even think about bad food. Like the idea of walking into the chips and cookie isle at Safeway doesn’t even cross my mind. The option of not running and going to the gym doesn’t ever go into my brain. It just BECOMES HABIT.
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Don’t be one of the people that is just sitting there in a corner all sad eating a bag of lettuce. Eat healthy food that you actually enjoy eating. Do workouts you actually enjoy doing. You won’t be successful if you are miserable every day you are trying to lose weight. It can be fun, make it so!
- Love your body now. It doesn’t need explaining. You look hot now, you will look hot when you lose weight. You will look hot every day in between. Embrace it. Embrace the Glen Coco. Embrace the fabulous.
Books.. Oh..we just love the smell of old books..don’t we.
Pulled a fast one on us 6 year-olds, Disney.
She’s my favorite!
when you tell your friends a joke and no one laughs
Odd Romeo and Juliet Tumblr Posts
My method I have been loving: taking notes on post its for easy arranging when I revise.